1966 Offley Boa Vista Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Eddie

1966 Offley Boa Vista Vintage Port

Post by Eddie »

1966 Offley Boa Vista Porto Vintage - Portugal, Douro, Porto (1/28/2006)
Decanted for 4 hours, (probably a bit too long, but hey, we were busy drinkin'!)
The nose on this was subtle and sweet. My neighbor sniffed the decanter and immediately asked, "tawny port?" This was certainly showing it's age, however it was a very pleasant bottle. There was decent upfront fruit, the middle was slightly hollow, but it came back for a surprisingly long, elegant finish. (89 pts.)
simon Lisle

Post by simon Lisle »

Thanks for the tasting note note Eddy I will be opening one soon,I hope it was better than the last 66 I opened dela force.Both Berry bottled.
simon Lisle

Post by simon Lisle »

This for me was a truly wonderful port at it's peak Berry bottled.I drank this with friends last weekend to celebrate my close friends 40th.Everything was right from start to finish.Like velvet on the palate I did not take notes but from memory dark plummy finishing with a long chocolate aftertaste.A tight scorer give's this 95
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I like this wine a bit more than Ed M. I did not find the mid-palate hollow. There was some heat on the nose in one of the bottles I've had but others were really enjoyable, fully mature VPs drinking well.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com