The greatest new corkscrew for Port lovers?

This section is for those who have basics questions about, or are new to, Port. There are no "dumb" questions here - just those wanting to learn more!

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Eric Menchen

Re: The greatest new corkscrew for Port lovers?

Post by Eric Menchen »

Moses Botbol wrote:I want to design a replacement worm for the Rabbit that has a flatter wire and longer screw. I think that will grip the bottles better than what is standard on the Rabbit.
I'd buy one of those. My Rabbit came with a second replacement worm, just like the first one.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Thank you Glenn for being discreet. I knew I could trust showing the Durand to you. In regards to the price, I am not here to judge what others can afford or not, just to provide the facts and do an honest evaluation on a bunch of different style bottles and report my findings.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Moses Botbol wrote:
Glenn E. wrote:Sadly, it's way out of my price range. :( I had a hard time paying $50 for a Rabbit... $125 isn't priced for normal people. :shock:
I want to design a replacement worm for the Rabbit that has a flatter wire and longer screw. I think that will grip the bottles better than what is standard on the Rabbit.
I agree, and if you do design one and get it produced I'd like to try it!
Glenn Elliott