2000 Dow's Vintage Port & Dow's 190 year old Tawny Port

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Bucko
Location: Tumwater, Washington, United States of America - USA

2000 Dow's Vintage Port & Dow's 190 year old Tawny Port

Post by Bucko »

Hi Roy (and gang). I thought I would swing by and drop a couple on you. Nice site. Carole and I hope to hook up with you for a future trip within the next year. We already have two French trips and a Costa Rica trip lined up this year.

2000 Dow, Port, Late Bottled Vintage, Portugal, $20. Deeply hued, with loads of ripe black fruit, violets, and brown sugar. The wine is presented in a well-balanced, rounded package that is easy to drink now, or for many years to come. I paired it with Point Reyes Original Blue cheese – it took a youthful Port like this to stand up to the cheese; 88/88.

Dow, Ten Year Aged Tawny, Portugal, $29. Brown sugar, caramels and raisins emanate from this Tawny. Very smooth and polished on the entry, you’ll find loads of sweet hazelnuts on the palate. It paired perfectly with Sweet Grass Green Hill cheese; 88/88.

Enjoy,

Bucko
Richard Henderson

Post by Richard Henderson »

I was looking back at older topics. This deserved a reply. Compare with my note on 2000 Taylor 2000 LBV. These LBV's can be great ports at great values with fine cheese and nuts. These are the values I seek between VP buys.
Richard Henderson