Multi: 1985 Croft & Graham Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Axel Probst

Multi: 1985 Croft & Graham Vintage Port

Post by Axel Probst »

As I was very lucky to get the Croft 85 for 35 EUR a piece (equ. about 40 $), I needed a competitor, but chosed an unfair one, as I paid 65 EUR (about 74 $) for the Grahams.

And so it goes:

The Croft was light in colour (for a VP), just like a 10 year old Tawny, and matched the smell and the taste much more of an old Colheita (I had a 3 Barros, which was fairly similar). In the mouth very alcoholic, but not bad after all. Very non VP-Style

The Grahams on the other hand was exactly the vintage port you want to have, convincing someone of rather drinking port than Bordeaux-wines. Very fruity nose. A enourmos palate, containing flowers and all kinds of red berrys. Strong aftertaste. Just on top right now.

If you have one or some in your cellar, enjoy them with a good (girl-)friend.

Axel
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

I didn't think Tibeten Monks were allowed Girlfriends :lol: :lol:
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Hi Axel,

Welcome to the website. Nice to have you with us. Glad you liked the Ports. The Croft '85 is a wine that possibly should not have been released. It was a weakling when young and has never really improved.
The Graham's on the other hand, is one of the top wines of the '85 vintage, IMO. Great juice.

Thanks for joining us and please do keep on posting!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com