2003 Graham LBV Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Marco D.
Location: Milford, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

2003 Graham LBV Port

Post by Marco D. »

Not as sweet as I would have expected from a Grahams, but it does have the luscious richness that the house is known for. More stern than the "Six Grapes", with more tannins, but there is no lack of fruit here. A bit spirity when first opened, but this integrated with air, displaying nice spicy plums and licorice flavors. Nice effort.
Marco DeFreitas Connecticut, USA
Michael Hann

Re: 2003 Graham LBV Port

Post by Michael Hann »

I shared a bottle of this with friends Saturday night while I was on an out of town visit. I did not pay close enough attention to provide any detailed tasting notes, but this was very pleasing -- rich, fruity, appropriate sweetness. I didn't get much bouquet from the Port, which is fairly typical in my experience drinking LBVs, but this experience may be due to my suffering from an olfactory deficit!
Marco D.
Location: Milford, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

Post by Marco D. »

If you get a chance, try it on day 2 and 3... it gets better!
Marco DeFreitas Connecticut, USA
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Marco,

I also like this LBV but found it obtrusively spirity initially. Day 2 less so and day 3 starting to be very enjoyable. But the heat up front early on would provide the neophyte who just pops and pours (think "a restaurant pour") with a pretty negative impression, imo. I would love to put a label, please decant for 12 hours and wait to drink until the second day. :mrgreen:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com