Rare Privilege

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

João Rico

Rare Privilege

Post by João Rico »

Well, a dream is about to come true.....

Next sunday i will have the oportunity to open a Demijon and drink the garrafeira inside. The ones who have already done this (you can count them by the fingers in may hand), says this is one really special moment, not only because of the rarity but because the wine will taste like any port we've ever had.
Been dreaming with this everyday.

BTW the Demijon that will be opened is from 1931 (1931 Garrafeira)
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: Rare Privilege

Post by Roy Hersh »

You are a lucky man but of course even before getting to the word Garrafeira, we knew if it was you ... it had to be Niepoort. Just like if it was Peter, it would have to be Nimrod. Amazing how that works. :mrgreen:

All joking aside. this is quite a privilege and you should put it on youtube and then we can put it on FTLOP's Video Gallery. I don't care if it is in Portuguese or English. If it is on Youtube, we'll put it here too. What do you say?

BTW, I have had the 1931 Garrafeira and still have the bottle here. Enjoy this my friend!!!

Please send my regards to Dirk too. :thanks:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
João Rico

Post by João Rico »

You are a lucky man but of course even before getting to the word Garrafeira, we knew if it was you ... it had to be Niepoort. Just like if it was Peter, it would have to be Nimrod. Amazing how that works.
Roy, not sure what you mean by this.

I will try my best to get the moment filmed, but i will most probably taking photos.

JR
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Joao,

Very cool and you are one lucky person!!!!
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Wow, that is amazing. What is the intention opening this Demijon? Is this rest going to be bottled? Garrafeiras are a real treat.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Wow! That's great! I want to hear all about it! :mrgreen:
-Dave-