TN: 2007 Quinta do Vallado Touriga Nacional

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

TN: 2007 Quinta do Vallado Touriga Nacional

Post by David Spriggs »

Dark color. Very interesting nose. Showing a bit of wood, but fabulous fruit. Like many 100% Touriga Nacional, very dense and structured. Good mix of red and black fruits. Lots of acid and tannic grip in the finish. The vinturi helps here.. but this needs time rated 91 pnts the first night. Second night - much more approachable. Good balance here and solid acid. Very long finish. Delicious. Still could use a few months to absorb the wood, but drinks great on the second night. Really suave mid-palate. This is a big wine, but isn't spoofy. In fact, it comes across a classically European with its long dry, acid driven and mineral finish. 93+ points.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: TN: 2007 Quinta do Vallado Touriga Nacional

Post by Roy Hersh »

We have different appreciation for the same wine. I found it immediately approachable with a rare pop n' pour pleasure. I am sure it would have been even better the 2nd night, but it was far too enjoyable, especially paired with a meal to save any for the next day. But as a sipper, I would have probably only had a glass or two.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com