Just one year ago Symington Family Estates re-launched the completely renovated their Vintage Port Site. The response has been very strong: clearly people are turning to the internet more and more for guidance on Port. Searches on the site increased steadily over the course of the year and we had a distinct peak on 24 December, when everyone was wondering how to decant!
Today the Vintage Port Site has been upgraded with more service and content for Port enthusiasts, whether novice or connoisseur. The heart of the site is our Knowledge Base of Harvest Reports for every Vintage and records of every Vintage Port from all our brands, back to 1945. The content of the database continues to grow as more tasting notes are added, and of course the recently announced 2010 wines from Quinta do Vesuvio and Dow’s Quinta da Senhora da Ribeira have been added as well.
Access the Knowledge base:
- See which Vintage Ports have been declared each year in a new Timeline graphic, and click to reach the tasting notes for any Port
- Search by Brand – pick a brand and read a concise introduction to that brand and its Vintage style, then click through the list of Vintage Years to reach the tasting notes
- Search by Year – read Vintage Reports for every year since 1945, drawn from the Symingtons’ extraordinary family and brand archives, and click on any brand icon to see details of that year’s Vintage Port
- Advanced Search function allows search of all tasting notes by critic, rating or publication as well as brand and year
- Navigation has been improved so you can move easily between Vintages and brands from any record
- New concise profiles of each Symington brand and viticultural profiles of our key quintas
- Learn basics of Vintage Port: How to make it, declare it, purchase, store, serve and enjoy it
- History of Port and Viticulture articles
- Extensive resource list of sites that regularly feature Port
- List of global distributors for all our brands