PORT OFFLINE in NYC?

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Jeff G.

Re: PORT OFFLINE in NYC?

Post by Jeff G. »

done 6:30
Disclosure: Distributor for Quevedo Wines in NY
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

So, to clarify:

Jeff, Josh and Roy will each bring one bottle of Port, and you don't want any others to show up with Port, right?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Jeff G.

Post by Jeff G. »

Roy Hersh wrote:So, to clarify:

Jeff, Josh and Roy will each bring one bottle of Port, and you don't want any others to show up with Port, right?
ya, and if you guys want to add brownie points, can buy some dry reds/white [foilhat.gif] off the list.

But the bar food is really good and they have dishes where they take a USDA prime rib eye cook it nice and rare with a thick char and stick it on some bread for you as finger food.

I'm goign to bring back up bottles too, but to not overly abuse my friend, I'd want really only 3 openly displayed bottles on the table. (Because the new GM's policy is 35$/btl corkage and I certainly don't think we should be hit with that)

and i'll probably be there a little earlier like 5:45 for those who wish to get their weekend kicked off earlier
Lamont Huxley

Post by Lamont Huxley »

Mmmmmm.... ribeye sandwiches [1974_eating_popcorn.gif]
The Port Maverick
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Perfect, we have 12 bottles, 3 on the table and 9 back ups. Everytime we empty one, a fresh one comes up from below. Brilliant strategy. We can then order steak sandwiches and see how they go with VP and something off their wine list to gain brownie points. Someone can take the red home with them (Josh?) so that we don't have to waste room on the table for extra glasses. :lol: :mrgreen: :clap:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Jeff G.

Post by Jeff G. »

Roy Hersh wrote:Perfect, we have 12 bottles, 3 on the table and 9 back ups. Everytime we empty one, a fresh one comes up from below. Brilliant strategy. We can then order steak sandwiches and see how they go with VP and something off their wine list to gain brownie points. Someone can take the red home with them (Josh?) so that we don't have to waste room on the table for extra glasses. :lol: :mrgreen: :clap:
make sure to bring non discrete brown bags to carry around hidden bottles.
Josh S.

Post by Josh S. »

Roy Hersh wrote:So, to clarify:

OK, so apparently I missed the "updated" email which of course means I don't get any more notifications til i check in.
So! Yes to correct my previous post about adoptions, we're simply doing what jeff described and Roy confirmed.

Does anyone care which port I bring, other than the fact that it should be at least 32 yrs old? Did you specifically want me to bring GC80?

Jeff, I'll try to join you early.
SushiNorth
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Josh S. wrote:Does anyone care which port I bring, other than the fact that it should be at least 32 yrs old? Did you specifically want me to bring GC80?
Josh, I would like you to bring along a Tregnum of Feuerheerd 1863. Thank you.

Unfortunately, as I can't join you my vote might be nullified. [bye2.gif]
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

At the very beginning of the thread, I mentioned I'd bring the GC 1980 and then when it was mentioned that you would, I opted for the Dow. The GC was something that I think Lamont or someone had mentioned elsewhere on the forum that they would like to try. That was my only reason for bringing it up. That said, I am open to any Ports, anytime. Having sufficiently aged VP or Colheita would go over well.
Jeff G.

Post by Jeff G. »

Alright, I'll see everyone this friday.

is it still 8 people or less?
Josh S.

Post by Josh S. »

Roy Hersh wrote:At the very beginning of the thread, I mentioned I'd bring the GC 1980 and then when it was mentioned that you would, I opted for the Dow. The GC was something that I think Lamont or someone had mentioned elsewhere on the forum that they would like to try. That was my only reason for bringing it up. That said, I am open to any Ports, anytime. Having sufficiently aged VP or Colheita would go over well.
OK, that's fine Roy. I just figured you and I have had lots of the GC80, and Lamont is close and would encounter it at some later time. But perhaps it is only appropriate that you and I meet over our common cellar defender :)
SushiNorth
Jeff G.

Post by Jeff G. »

Roy, how many people do you know from your side is coming?
Jeff G.

Post by Jeff G. »

Is this no longer happening?

I'm happy to go home to my new born if no one responds.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Jeff,

I can't speak for anyone except myself. I heard from Eric and know he is going to show up, but outside of people who said they are coming like Steve and others, I have no idea. I am pretty sure Sean won't be coming though.

I will be there @ 6:30 p.m. with a decanted Dow 1980 VP as promised.
Jeff G.

Post by Jeff G. »

Roy Hersh wrote:Jeff,

I can't speak for anyone except myself. I heard from Eric and know he is going to show up, but outside of people who said they are coming like Steve and others, I have no idea. I am pretty sure Sean won't be coming though.

I will be there @ 6:30 p.m. with a decanted Dow 1980 VP as promised.

Great, I'll have to get 2 tables at the bar.

thank you, I shall see you there on friday then!
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

You shall. I hope that others who have commited will re-confirm here for Jeff's sake. (that is sake, not like Josh's sake).
Lamont Huxley

Post by Lamont Huxley »

I already PM'd Jeff but I'll confirm here as well - I'll be there.
The Port Maverick
Marco D.
Location: Milford, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

Post by Marco D. »

I previously expressed interest in attending, but won't be able to make it. have fun!
Marco DeFreitas Connecticut, USA
Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

I will be there. Looking forward to it!
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

My flight gets in that afternoon. If not delayed, I still plan on coming!
Eric