Quinta dos Murças?

This section is for those who have basics questions about, or are new to, Port. There are no "dumb" questions here - just those wanting to learn more!

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Eric Menchen

Quinta dos Murças?

Post by Eric Menchen »

Saw this 10 year old tawny at a local b&m on sale for $29.98. I might just take one for the team and try it, but I was wondering if anyone has had this, or other tawnies from this quinta. Searching through the forum didn't provide any answers.
quinta_dos_murcas.jpg
quinta_dos_murcas.jpg (92.08 KiB) Viewed 813 times
BTW, in case you wanted know but can't make it out in my small image upload, the bottle reads:
OLD TAWNY Port wine is the result of the unique combination between stony soils, severe climate, rare grape varieties and human intervention. This fortuitous combination has existed since the 17th century in the oldest D.O.C. wine region in the world (est. 1756), the Douro

Quinta dos Murças, recognized since 1714, is located on the right margin of the Douro river, near the village of Covelinhas which thanks to the freshness of its microclimate has become famous for the production of tawny port styles. It was also here that the first vertically planted vineyards in the region were established in 1955.

Hand selected "Letter A" grapes for quality Port production, were fermented in granite lagares with food treading. On the 3rd day of fermentation, brandy spirit was added.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: Quinta dos Murças?

Post by Roy Hersh »

I've only had their table wines in the past, not their Ports. At that price, what's to think about? [shok.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

I've pasted buy the Quinta many times but can't recall ever having their stuff. It's a good price, so I say grab one and let us know how it is.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Anders

Post by Anders »

Last year, at a tasting in Copenhagen, I`ve tasted the 20-30 and 40 y old tawny
Some of the best tawny I`ve ever tasted. :D
Pinhao is my second home