A happy birthday wish

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

A happy birthday wish

Post by Andy Velebil »

Well, it has come to that time of the year...Derek, Al-D, Deceased, etc. is one year older now, just like his VP. So I figured a

HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish was in order, now drink up sonny :winebath: :drunk: :clap:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Thanks, Andy

I have a Messias 1965 stood up in the cupboard to be consumed tonight in an attemt to extend my life by at least 12 more months.

I had hoped to have my first taste of the Vargellas 65 this year but found the Messais to be leaking when I went to the 1965 shelves of my wine cooler. So, Messias it is and the Vargellas will have to wait another year :wink:

Incidentally, does anyone know how to pronounce Messias?

Derek
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Yes Derek, now that your a year closer to your grave...Happy Birthday! :twisted:

You do know the custom of buying your friends a drink on your birthday, or, just reading the small print, it says you can wait till the following Saturday when your in your 40's! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Alan,

Thanks for your heart-felt best wishes. Hopefully I can get to the Hotel du Vin early enough to buy you a Guinness during the second half of the Man U game on Saturday 8)

I am missing out n my monthly trip to Dublin next month so need a fix of the Black Gold 8)

Derek
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Happy Birthday Derek

For Messias I don't pronounce it a bit like this : Mess-see(or chee)-house

I've never been good to give those sounds, and I don't know if the brits have the same accent :lol:

Anyway the S is one of hard letters in the Portuguese language, never know how it sounds in a word.
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

In commemoration of Dereks Birthday, I think we should remember that famous FTLOP Meeting a few months back.
For those who couldn't make it.....

At a recent, well attended world wide meeting of FTLOP Members, it was decided to thrash out for once and for all, that us loyal members are NOT Stupid!
To progress the point, Roy Hersh addressed the large gathering "We are all here today to prove to the world that FTLOP members are not stupid. Can I have a volunteer please ?"

Derek gingerly works his way through the crowd and steps up to the stage.

Roy asks him "What is 15 plus 15?" After 15 or 20 seconds Derek says, "Eighteen!"

Obviously everyone is a little disappointed. Then the crowded room of members start
chanting "Give him another chance! Give him another chance!"

Roy says "Well since we have a large crowd, the worlds wine press and lots of broadcast media here, I think we can give him another chance. So he asks "What is 5 plus 5?" After nearly 30 seconds Derek eventually says, "Ninety?"

Roy looks down and just lets out a dejected sigh. Everyone is disheartened and Derek starts getting angry and frustrated. But then the folk in the Room begin to yell and wave their hands shouting "GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!
GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!"

Roy, unsure whether he is now doing more harm than good eventually says, " What is 2 plus 2 ?"
Silence hangs over the Room. Derek closes his eyes, and after a whole minute eventually says, "Four?"

Pandemonium breaks out throughout the room as the crowd stand to a man, wave their arms, stomp their feet and scream.............

"GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE! GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!"

Alan. :) :D :lol: :joker:
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes and to Alan for making me laugh out loud at work :lol: :lol:

Derek
Tom Archer

Post by Tom Archer »

By the way Derek, Cookie - the friend of mine who attended the Xmas bash and polished off the N31 - was also celebrating his birthday yesterday..

..Bit of a coincidence!

Tom
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

To,

Maybe Cookie is my long lost identical twin :?

Derek
Alan C.

Post by Alan C. »

Tom,

You had one of these mythical Nacional 31's and let a mate drink it at a Christmas Do???
If that is vaguely true, could you tell the tale? I'm all ears. :shock:

Alan
Tom Archer

Post by Tom Archer »

Not Nacional Alan, just the regular 'cooking' Noval '31

It's a long story, but I got a bit lucky last year!

Tom
Derek T.

Post by Derek T. »

Alan,

I'll tell you this tale on Saturday :wink:

Derek