Placemat wizard

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Thomas V

Re: Placemat wizard

Post by Thomas V »

Been using the wizard for a couple of years now.

Doing a placemat for at tasting Friday. But when I want to convert the ps to pdf I keep getting a conversion error. Seems something changed?
Mike Meehan

Post by Mike Meehan »

Thomas V wrote:Been using the wizard for a couple of years now.

Doing a placemat for at tasting Friday. But when I want to convert the ps to pdf I keep getting a conversion error. Seems something changed?
Hi Thomas

Looks like something has changed in the ps to pdf converter. I'll ask Julian to look into that as nothing has changed with the wizard software.
Julian D. A. Wiseman

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

Mike Meehan wrote:
Thomas V wrote:Been using the wizard for a couple of years now.

Hi Thomas

Looks like something has changed in the ps to pdf converter. I'll ask Julian to look into that as nothing has changed with the wizard software.
I’ve written to the PS➝PDF folks with details. Will let you know if anything results.
Julian D. A. Wiseman

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

Julian D. A. Wiseman wrote:I’ve written to the PS➝PDF folks with details. Will let you know if anything results.
Mike Hugo wrote:I've sold the ps2pdf.com domain and it is now being run by someone else.

I continue to keep the old service as ps2pdf.org.

I'm not even sure how your email made it to me as the new owner should be receiving email for the dot com domain but perhaps has not updated something.

When I take the document and convert it at ps2pdf.org it does produce a document.
This document also causes my security wrapper to generate a pile of output as this file includes a bunch of code in it that causes the converter to block certain transactions that the file is trying to do. It still creates a final pdf .

Feel free to link to the ps2pdf.org site.
Posted with permission.
Mike Meehan

Post by Mike Meehan »

The placemat wizard is now back online, having been offline for a couple of months.
Mike Meehan

Post by Mike Meehan »

The wizard is back online. The save/reload parameters functionality has broken however. Will fix as soon as can.
Mike Meehan

Post by Mike Meehan »

I fixed the save/load functionality a while back, and should now work OK.