Question . . .

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Luc Gauthier

Question . . .

Post by Luc Gauthier »

What , If anything , have you learnt about the port world ?
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Paul Eddy

Post by Paul Eddy »

I have learnt that the more I take an interest in port the more I drink; and the more I drink the more I want; and the more I want the more I have to pay for it! Why can't I dumb down my palate in line with my income??.

Paul.
Port is the wine of the Maritime Left
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Paul Eddy wrote:I have learnt that the more I take an interest in port the more I drink; and the more I drink the more I want; and the more I want the more I have to pay for it! Why can't I dumb down my palate in line with my income??.

Paul.
that has to be the reply of the year so far :lol: :lol: :lol:

And ohh so accurate too.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Scott Anaya

Post by Scott Anaya »

Reply of the year, I concur :!: Although I am taking surprising pleasure at the moment in a cheap value Ruby, Fonseca Bin 27....one of the few ruby's I still enjoy as well as some LBV's.
Scott Anaya
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

Big ( Canadian ) picture : It's unfair :beat:
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

I've actually learned a ton in the past couple of years. Actually, more than I ever thought possible. After two trips to the Douro, the learning curve went way up. Especially about the politics that go on in the Douro...and thats only the basics. I still have a ton to learn and look forward to it. And as a result of this group, that knowledge increases at a fast rate.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com