SFE launches 3 months old Premium White Port...

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Christian Gollnick

SFE launches 3 months old Premium White Port...

Post by Christian Gollnick »

Symington Family Estates launches a new White Port, "Graham’s Blend Nº5".
This Port is medium dry and consists of a blend of two grapes, Malvasia Fina and Moscatel Gallega.
When I read the announcement from Graham's that they launch a "premium White Port" I got really excited and thought that Dalva and Andresen get some real competition... until I realized that this wine is bottled 3 months after the harvesting. I didn't even know that this was possible as I always believed that it takes longer for the wine and the brandy to "marry" in the barrel.

Looking at the design of the bottle, it is very clear that Graham's tries to get the public view about Port Wine away from medieval wine cellars with old barrels and lots of spiderwebs more towards something like green tea and and healthy drinks...

From many discussions with first-time visitors to Gaia and Porto I know that many people have never heard about white Port and that is what they are fascinated by during their cellar visits in Gaia... therefore it's good to promote White Port.

Two things are sad about this wine...: Only 6000 bottles were produced - and it's so far only available in the UK...

I just wonder... if a 3 months old Port Wine is called "premium".... how do you call a 40 year old white? Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

http://imbibe.com/news-articles/wines/p ... hite-port/
Moses Botbol

Re: SFE launches 3 months old Premium White Port...

Post by Moses Botbol »

How well is Croft Pink selling; years after its initial release?
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Moses Botbol wrote:How well is Croft Pink selling; years after its initial release?
I don’t know specifically, but considering how many companies still make them I’d say they’re selling well enough to keep making them.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

Andy Velebil wrote:
Moses Botbol wrote:How well is Croft Pink selling; years after its initial release?
I don’t know specifically, but considering how many companies still make them I’d say they’re selling well enough to keep making them.
Vieira de Sousa sell out their Pink port every year. They keep increasing production year after year.