Any interest in a Boston offline (March 29/30 or April 4/5)?

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Todd Pettinger

Any interest in a Boston offline (March 29/30 or April 4/5)?

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Just wondering if there would be any interest in getting together an offline in Boston or surrounding area? I will be spending a week or so there and while the dates during the Monday thru Thursday are pretty much booked solid, I can make myself available for either March 29/30 or April 4/5 (or all of the above! 8--))

Moses, Sean C? I know you are from around the area? Anyone else interested? I am just finalizing my travel plans, but plan to be in Boston early enough that we could make the Saturday the 29th work if starting after 18:00 hrs local.

(Even if we can't find a way to get together to share some Ports during these days, Moses or Sean, I may need your assistance on tracking down a good retailer who sells older Ports that may not be as readily available (or affordable) back home in Edmonton.

Thanks guys!

Todd
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

I am around and I assume Sean would be, but I can't speak for him.

I am open for an off-line. Any ideas?

Send Sean or I a PM.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Frederick Blais

Post by Frederick Blais »

Late March is the Montreal wine fair so I don`t think I`d be available, I`ll check for the week after when I get back. Can be interesting!!
Living the dream and now working for a Port company
Luc Gauthier

Post by Luc Gauthier »

I'll probably be spending some time at the wine fair as well . . .
Vintage avant jeunesse/or the other way around . . .
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Moses Botbol wrote:Any ideas?
I am open to whatever suggestions you guys have... the only caveat is that I will need some guidance to local Port-friendly retailers if the theme will be anything but 1977 Smith Woodhouse (which is the oldest VP I have on hand at the house here and is the only affordable 1970-ish VP in Edmonton.) I'd love to try some older stuff, but will need to be able to source out something local in the Boston area (I'll be staying in Marlborough but should have a rental car) or contribute dollar-wise if one of you two had something in mind that was in your cellars.

You can hit me on email if you'd like: ironman <dot> todd <at> gmail <dot> com.

Todd
Todd Pettinger

Re: Any interest in a Boston offline (March 29/30 or April 4/5)?

Post by Todd Pettinger »

I'm all set to fly out to Boston in a couple of days. Moses and I will be getting together, likely a couple times in the 8 days that I will be there. Sean C may be joining us for one of those nights. My most available nights are: Saturday, March 29; Sunday, March 30; Friday, April 4; Saturday, April 5, but might be able to meet on any of the Mon-Thurs nights in between.

If there is anyone in the area (or who is coming to the area) and is interested in meeting up, PM myself or Moses or respond to this thread.

You can also catch me on email, see the post above.

Looking forward to it! 8--) :winebath: :drunk: :yumyum: :winepour: