CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER!
The changing of the guard has taken place. The Chancellery of the Confraria do Vinho do Porto is changing at the very top of the pyramid. Quinta do Vale do Meão’s founder, Francisco “Vito” Olazabal has stepped down after three consecutive mandates as the IVDP’s Chancellor of the Confraria. Best wishes to Vito!
Congratulations to the newly elected head of the Confraria, the new Chancellor is George Thomas David Sandeman (Board Member, Public Relations & Institutional Representation, Sogrape Vinhos S.A. Portugal). George had been the Treasurer of the Confraria for many years and was a likely selection to be elected to this prestigious and influential position.
When I asked George Sandeman about his election and his reaction to this new position, he stated, “It will be a new exciting phase of my life and we intend to make it a more dynamic brotherhood.”
The new Chancellery of the Confraria is:
- Chanceler (Chancellor) – George Thomas David Sandeman (Sogrape Vinhos)
- Almoxarife (Adminsitrator) – Antonio Manuel de Macedo Pinto e Vasoncellos (Retired)
- Copeiro-Mor (Head Cup-Bearer) – David Bruce Fonseca Guimaraens (The Fladgate Partnership)
- Almotacé (Treasurer) – Jorge Chamis Rosas (Ramos Pinto)
- Fiel das Usanças (Warden) – Manuel Maria Matos de Magalhães Ferreira (Retired)